Major problems with Vista Installation

Discussion in 'Software' started by hmarais, Aug 5, 2009.

1. hmarais

hmarais Private E-2

I need help with installing Vista - I am ready to throw new laptop out of the windows! ;)
    Bought new Compaq 610 laptop with 4GB memory with XP installed, and with Vista Installation disks. After install, I have the following problems:
    1. Cannot complete Windows update - after numerous restarts, there are still some updates that cannot install. Error codes 8007000D, 80070570, 800960003 amongst others
    2. Cannot install IE8, BsoD
    3. Cannot install virus software, I used Nod32, error on installation. I have also tried Webroot Antivirus, cannot complete installation. I have also tried AVG and Microsoft Windows Live OneCare - could not install one succesfully. Could only install Malwarebytes
    3. Cannot install HP/Compaq drivers from CD - BsoD:cry
    4. Cannot install Office Home and Student 2007 - error
    I have exhausted all my knowledge, tried to upgrade everything, googled the error messages, but I need some heavyweight advice now! :major
    Please assist

2. hmarais

hmarais Private E-2

This is a new laptop, I have sorted out all (or most) of the problems on the older laptop.
    I took your advice, took it back to the reseller, and they exchanged it for me for a new laptop with XP installed. After this experience :kissmy I decided to stay far away from Vista. I'll wait for Windows 7, and then only after it has been released for at least a year. I just cannot believe that with a new, powerfull laptop from HP/ Compaq I cannot install Vista from the the factory installation disks! I came to a complete dead end - does not want to update, does not want to re-install XP, does not want to install .NET framework, does not want to install any of the service packs!:banghead See ya for now...and thanks for the advice - majorgeeks is the one place where you get problems sorted out!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds