** Major Problems... **

Discussion in 'Software' started by 3525252, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3525252

3525252 Private E-2

Im on my sisters computer because mine is broken.

I was going threw the regedit and went to delete something and I guess I deleted something that I wasnt suppost to.

Now when I try to reboot into xp it just gets stuck on the "Welcome to XP" screen and wont go any farther. I tryed to boot up in safe mode and windows 98 because I have the xp upgrade and it still gets stuck on the xp screen.

I have a windows 98 cd but I lost the serial and I have a lot of serials but they didnt work, my sister has the same 98 cd on her computer, Is there any way I can find the serial on her computer? When I get the serial I can reinstall xp.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

2. 3525252

3525252 Private E-2

any ideas?

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

HERE, have a JellyBean.

BTW, if what you want is to use a 98 serial on XP, then forget it.

Your post doesn't really make sense to me.

4. 3525252

3525252 Private E-2

Sorry for the confusing post.

No I did not want to use a 98 serial for xp.

I have an illegal copy of xp but a legal copy of 98. The xp I got was only a update. So I have to have 98 installed then i can run xp and it will work.

Anyways., Now I have a legal copy of xp and i just finished installing it on my computer. Now i have two windows xp's on my computer. This windows xp has none of my info an all that so now i want to try and fix the registry and get back to my old xp.

How can i fix the registry on the old xp when it will not boot up at all?

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

If you bought a LEGAL copy of XP, and didn't attempt a repair installation, then you will more than likely will have to start over. If you didn't format the drive, that is.....

But, if you didn't format, more than likely those files are still there.

For your "My documents", simply browse to c:\documents and settings\" Then hunt down the profile/username that you used to use.

6. 3525252

3525252 Private E-2

I have 2 versions of XP on my HD, Legal and illegal. Also windows 98.

How can I fix the registry on the illegal one? I dont know what I deleted and I dont know how to fix it.

7. Fertyop

Fertyop Corporal

The information on the hard drive should be the same as it was before. The registry is on there somewhere. Since windows isn't protecting the files of the old windows it shouldn't be hard to get to.

8. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Illegal being the key word...MG's will not offer support with illeagal activities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds