1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

majorgeeks.com site is down.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bcaskey, May 18, 2009.

1. bcaskey

bcaskey Private E-2

http://majorgeeks.com (5/18 -12PM EST)

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Ya, the forums were down too for a few minutes. I've never seen the main site go down but they're most likely doing maintenance.
  3. oma

oma MajorGeek

I had a problem with posting and now it seems to okay.

Got an error when posting a reply (ispCP Omega Error 500 /newreply.php Internal Server Error!) and thought it was PC Firewall Tools Plus that I just installed a few minutes prior.
  4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Cheers for the heads up, have pinged Tim (MA) on this in case he is unaware of this, likely they do know and are working on it now, could be anything, maintanence, part of internet backbone out to a server at the datacenter crash.
  5. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

6. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

^ Cool linky

thanks for the repost, joey
  7. DavidGP

Hi folks

Small update, Raid drive went AWOL, being recified at present so please bare with the downtime, I know some will be having withdrawl symptoms so get some fresh air or munch on a dog chew ;)

Will be up as soon as possible, so cheers for bareing with us, with this rare occurance.
  8. oldandconfusedagain

oldandconfusedagain Private E-2 <i>emeritus</i>

here's what I get when going from my bookmarks
    is it just me? ...............as my wife says?

Attached Files:

9. augiedoggie

Thanks for the update Halo.
  10. oldandconfusedagain

oldandconfusedagain Private E-2 <i>emeritus</i>

aahhhhhhhhhhhhh...................vindicated again
    thanks again,,,,,,,,halo
  11. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

just logged on. and seen the post. I'm assuming everything is snuff now?:confused(meaning ok)
  12. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

It works!

No, it doesn't! ;)

Hope it is an easy fix. Good luck!
  13. DavidGP

Hi Bigtrucks,

Well the hardware maybe back up but next would be re-installing software and recovering the backup database for the software listings, then some tests, so not a quick thing if wanting to do it right, so while IT WORKS! its not finished just yet.
  14. augiedoggie

This is a good lesson for everyone, it's not if a HDD fails, just a matter of when. Do those backups folks!;)
  15. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

OK!Thanks. I wanted to post something and wasn't sure whether to post or not. Hopefully nothing to complicated to fix.
  16. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Well I wasn't around during downtime so I didn't go cold turkey LOL
  17. bklynboy5

bklynboy5 Private E-2

Thanks, I thought it was me.........
  18. oma

oma MajorGeek

LOL erm... In medical terms that would be discontinuation syndrome for some.

The upcoming DSM V would probably include "internet addiction" to it's arsenal, so we still have got a few years to escape from that label until that DSM V comes out. :-D

Thanks for the update Halo.
  19. Jerry808

Jerry808 Private E-2

Majorgeeks home page hacked

www.majorgeeks.com displays a page that says IT WORKS! i'm not sure how to get this to the attention of the proper authorities.
  20. augiedoggie

Re: Majorgeeks home page hacked

It's OK Jerry, they lost a hard drive is all.:)