Male S-Video to Male Composite

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Max Powerz, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

can you get a plug like this? And would it work for tv out, like I know it would be blurry but games would be alright right? And what about res's well gaming, cant the TV only do 640x480 or so?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Hehe, jw if they were hard to get :rolleyes:, wanted to just pick one up at radioshack.

4. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

In USA can be had at Radio Shack!

5. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

"And what about res's well gaming, cant the TV only do 640x480 or so?"

Unless you have an HD tv, you won't need to set the resolution higher than 640x480 because it won't get any better.

6. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

First of all I'm not a gamer, so cant really comment on gaming.
    But as far as resolution it all depends on the TV's or even the monitors resoulution capabilities
    I have couple of rigs that have CRT's and TV's connected to
    One of the TV's max at 800x600 at 60 hertz, and the other TV which is not HD, Max resolution is 2048x1536 at 85 hertz, I dont run it that high but is listed in capabile modes.

7. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

whoa, nice tv theyre, how can it do such a high res if its not hi def? Isnt the only diff between normal and hi is the res and the digitalnice which means its not interlaced which means its clearer...?

8. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

"One of the TV's max at 800x600 at 60 hertz, and the other TV which is not HD, Max resolution is 2048x1536 at 85 hertz, I dont run it that high but is listed in capabile modes."

Eh? TV's can't display resolutions that high. I don't think HDTV's even go that high. Well, technically they can display it, but the picture will be so blurry that you wouldn't be able to see anything. If I'm not mistaken, TVs have a set resolution at 640x480 not including HDTVs.

9. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Regardless of what you think, after reading your post, I had to turn on my rig and check what resolution I can run ,GUESS WHAT! is running at highest color 32bit, 2048x1536 and at 85 hertz.
    I set it normally at 1024x768, 85 hertz. (same as my 21" CRT)
    The TV is not HD, it is a 27' Magnavox and at least 6yrs old, not sure of model, if ya must know I'll look it up tomarrow.
    My other rig connected to TV Is 800x600 at 60hertz I can set resolution higher but quality of picture go down.
    So in my book your double wrong!
    Besides not being a gamer I'm not an expert on TV's either, I only posted to try to help MAX Powerz and provide information based on my first hand info from hardware I own.

I want to add just because one Tv can run at higher resolution it doesent necessarily perform at it's best quality there, it all depends on the TV or monitor.

10. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Settle down, did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today?

Like I said, the TV can display the image, but cannot display the actual resolution. That is why the picture is so blurry at 2048x1536. The TV is actually displaying the 2048x1536 picture at a resolution of 640x480. That is why you can't make anything out.

11. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Na, I'm all good, didnt mean to come across rattled.
    Have A Great Day!

12. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

No problem. You too. :)

13. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Haha, you guys are waayyy to nice, yea so i guess you can do higher res's its just still technically 640x480 so it gets blurryer, thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds