malware guys told me to post here....

Discussion in 'Software' started by jeremia18v4, Jan 7, 2012.

1. jeremia18v4

jeremia18v4 Private E-2

For two days now, every time I get on Firefox OR IE, after a few minutes, the browser freezes. I have to use task manager to end the process and start over..only for it to happen again. Also, when I click on anything on my desktop, my computer hangs and I get the blue orb for a few minutes. I searched online for a solution. Don't know if it's malware or hardware malfunction. Could really use an expert opinion. RootREpeal will never run on my computer. It always shows an error when I try. Malwarebytes froze when I tried to run it and would only run in safe mode. combofix took FOREVER to run............MALWARE GUYS SAID THEY FIND NO MALWARE IN MY LOGS SO I SHOULD POST THIS TO YOU GUYS. CAN YOU HELP PLEASE???

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Tried restoring to 3 days ago before you had the problem? What was the result?

3. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Can't say this is it,,but I've run into a problem like this before and all that was needed was a memory upgrade,,just more RAM. This answer is really just a shot in the dark.

4. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

Are you using any addons/plugins with Mozilla?

Which version of Mozilla Firefox are you using?

The browser freezes no matter what are you doing?

Or...

• It only freezes when I try to play a flash video in Mozilla
    • It only freezes when I go to this site: [site here]
    • It freezes even when I only have 1 tab open and 1 session of Firefox open and I'm idle at Google.com

Give us some examples :)

5. thisisu

Reviewed your Problems Problems thread.

According to some of your logs, it seems that QuickTime is causing a lot of application errors. But these were dated back in November 2011 which is when that thread was created.

Perhaps you would like to try completely uninstall QuickTime and see if your problems go away.

Also you are running IE9 on Windows Vista which I have seen cause a lot of problems. I just stick to IE8 on Vista. Perhaps you would like to try that out too.

6. jeremia18v4

jeremia18v4 Private E-2

I didn't try system restore b/c my computer takes literally over 12 hours to complete the restore. have no idea why. as far as firefox addons, I have tried disabling some..another thing that I don't understand is that I have no "safe mode" for firefox. If I do, I don't know where it is on my computer. It does freeze on both firefox and IE and has done it when I've just opened the browser to anything, but MOSTLY when I am on facebook games....flash. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash player a gagillion times:p. That has helped none. I've tried disabling/enabling hardware acceleration with no success. I've tried upgrading Firefox to a beta version. so, how do I go back to IE8. I'll do the Quicktime uninstall and see what happens. Will let you know asap. thanks for all of your help!

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Safe mode for FF is accessed by clicking on Help in the FF menu and selecting Restart with addons disabled.

8. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

This is starting to sound like hardware hell. It seems like software solutions aren't helping you any. Just for 'fun' run memtest86, this will give your memory a ride, even one error means a new stick is needed. Also run the diagnostics from your hard diskdrive manufacturer to rule that out too. Do you notice if your HDD is thrashing about abnormally? That's all I got.

9. jeremia18v4

jeremia18v4 Private E-2

Well guys...I ran Memtest86 and my computer's diagnostic tool..both showed no errors, so I still don't know if this is a hardware problem. I'm using ff in safe mode right now with no problems so far. If it's an addon though, why would my computer also freeze with IE. Also, tell me how to go back to IE 8. Also, I'm sorry, but I"m kind of dumb about this...how do I get more RAM? I bought and installed 2 RAM modules and that took my computer up to 4GB of installed memory. Don't have anymore slots to put more in. What should I do??

10. jeremia18v4

jeremia18v4 Private E-2

I found a thread on how to go back to IE 8...will try it and let you know

11. jeremia18v4

jeremia18v4 Private E-2

one more thing I forgot to mention...I checked, but I don't have quicktime on here anymore. I believe I had already uninstalled that a few months ago. I have K-lite mega codec pack installed....would that cause this problem??

12. jeremia18v4

jeremia18v4 Private E-2

the problem has got to be with the flash b/c both browsers are doing it now everytime I try to use flash...sometimes it works, most of the time it freezes

13. thisisu

Try completely uninstalling Flash Player first: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_Flash_Player_uninstaller

See if it still crashes without flash playing being installed.

Later you can reinstall flash player if you notice it's no longer crashing.

14. jeremia18v4

jeremia18v4 Private E-2

Okay it is DEFINITELY the flash player! so can anyone tell me what I can do??? if I dont have flash, I can't play games, watch videos, etc. :cry

15. jeremia18v4

jeremia18v4 Private E-2

for anyone who's interested, I think I've found a fix. I uninstalled flash player or IE and for other browsers. then I reinstalled flash player 11 for IE and went back to Flash player 10 for firefox. Both browsers seem to play flash fine so far.;)

16. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Glad you got it buddy,,and thanks for the tip.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds