Malware Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by SpartanWarrior, Nov 19, 2014.

1. SpartanWarrior

SpartanWarrior Private E-2

Hi I have Avast for my anti virus and really like it, but as far as malware which free version should I download? or do I need it? thank you;)

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

AV doesn't protect against all malware. What many, here, use is MalwareBytes. You'll have to manually update it and run scans though.

3. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

"but as far as malware which free version should I download?"
    If you mean anti-malware products, any of these can be installed without interfering with each other or your anti-virus. All of them are highly recommended. They don't all need to be installed, but it doesn't hurt either. With the exception of 'Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit', I have all of them installed along with Avast.

Download SpywareBlaster - |MajorGeeks|
    (Free version) - real time protection, update manually once a month. Everyone should have this installed.

Download WinPatrol - |MajorGeeks|
    (Free version) - real time protection.

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - |MajorGeeks|.
    (Free version) - Update manually, on demand scan only, no real time protection, malware removal capabilities.

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (formerly ExploitShield) - |MajorGeeks|. Real time protection.

Download SUPERAntiSpyware - |MajorGeeks|
    (Free version) - Update manually, on demand scan only, no real time protection, malware removal capabilites.​

4. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

Some internet security suites which is mostly paid ones do have spyware detector with it but if you have free AV then I would recommend in downloading Malwarebytes from here.

5. SpartanWarrior

Thanks I have the paid version of Avast since it's not expensive, I downloaded malwarebytes but here is the problem I am having, when I download something it will tell me that it is infected when it is not then I have to turn off malwarebytes and re download the program, is there a work around for this so I don't have to turn off malwarebytes? thanks.

6. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Don't you mean you have to turn off Avast!?

7. SpartanWarrior

No I mean malwarebytes keeps popping up saying malware detected, Avast is fine, thanks.

8. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

When you installed MalwareBytes' AntiMalware, you chose the 14 day "Trial" option. That gives you it's full features including real time protection, for 2 weeks. If you don't pay the subscription fee by the end of the trial period, the program will revert to the free version which doesn't include the real time protection or automatic updates.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds