Malware removed now some new issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by qcrail, Sep 7, 2011.

1. qcrail

qcrail Private E-2

Hello I have had the internet security 2012 removed with the help of thisisu from the malware support section now I am having all sorts of stuff pop up and shut down my computer.

Microsoft Windows XP
    Home Edition
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3 32 Bit

Dell Dimension 8400 Intel R Pentium 4 3.20 GHZ 1GB of Ram

Ok here are some of the problems

1. svchost.exe - Application Error
    The instruction at "0x07c9100e8" referenced memory at "0x00000010" The memory could not be "read".

2. Generic Host Process for Win32 Services
    Geneeric Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. Blah Blah Blah
    The error report contents:
    C:\DOCUME~1\CHRIS~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER ee89.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\CHRIS~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER ee89.dir00\appcompat.txt

3. sometimes for no reason the computer shuts down to a blue screen and says something about a dump of physical memory:
    Stop: 0x00008086 (0x00000000,) x4

4. Upon starting the computer it always says Floppy Diskette Failure Strike F1 key to continue, F2 to run setup utility.

I have run the setup utility and put all the settings back to default and that has not helped.

Thanks for your time

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

So the system is 100% clean? I'd get an AV boot disk just to make sure (link)

Then run SFC, system file check with your OS disk in the drive.

Also you can go into the BIOS and disable the floppy if you don't use it.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. disable the floppy drive in the BIOS (F2) and this message will no longer appear.

4. Alex30

Alex30 Private First Class

Hi qcrail,
    You probably don't want to hear this but have you considered a reinstall of your system and then BEFORE doing any internet accessing (apart from Windows updates) making a disk image with one of the free programs such as Macrium Reflect?
    To store you image you will need another PC or an external hard drive but these are so cheap now.
    Macrium is easy to use and for me it takes about half an hour to restore my system and when I do I am sure that it is clean.You can't say that for even the best Malware clean ups.
    If this is a way you may consider going then if I can give you any help just ask. When I first used Macrium I was unsure but with a little help I was soon using it routinely and now I make an image once a week after I have installed and updated the previous weeks image. A bit extreme perhaps but it is so quick and easy and it keeps my machine as fresh as the day I bought it.
    Anyway if you want me just shout. (I'm still waiting for my wife to say that !)
    Regards Alex.

5. qcrail

qcrail Private E-2

To foogoo

I ran the sfc but I do not have a sp3 disk I have a sp 2 disk and that might be the problem. its a dell and there is only a reinstallation cd sp 2.
    I'll try the other fixes as well.
    I'm almost 100% sure the computer is clean. We spent two weeks with the Major Geek "thisisu" and it appears to be clean.

6. qcrail

qcrail Private E-2

4. disable the floppy drive in the BIOS (F2) and this message will no longer appear.

Tried that and it still comes up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds