Malwarebytes Anti-malware free wants activation code

Discussion in 'Software' started by usafveteran, Jul 9, 2013.

1. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Folks, I guess I need some clarification on Malwarebytes Anti-malware. I thought I had the free version. I just installed it on my fairly new laptop on 6/26/13. When I open it, the title bar at the top of the panel shows Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial), and I am getting alerts to activate it. The panel has an Activate button at bottom. If I click on that, I,m asked for "product ID" and "product KEY". I don't recall ever having these inputs. Have I missed something?

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Hey buddy, when installing Malwarebytes you now have the option of excepting or declining the 14- day free trial of the Pro version. It's supposed to change to the Free version at the end of the trial, look at this here, http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_trial/

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Gotcha! Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds