Malwarebytes Update Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hacked, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Hacked

Hacked Private First Class

Can anyone tell me how to fix this update issue? Malwarebytes build 1.62.0.1300

This is the version I purchased license for tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade failed because something went wrong in safe os reboot. After 3 tries I quit trying and did clean install of Windows 7 and tried once more still didn't wrong and when I went to install this version of Malwarebytes here is what I get. I used the clean uninstall tool then re-tried but same results. I also have build 2.21......but same results with it.

Hacked

Attached Files:

2. Hacked

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Your license has probably expired.
    You are trying to update the version from 2012.

4. Hacked

No just database update..the license for this version does not expire. It was working till I fooled with that Windows 10 crap.

Just don't want to clean install 7 again. I could most likely find the host file but have no idea of the input.

5. Hacked

The module will update also or was updated before but not to the 3.0 build just 2.3.125.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

There is no 2.3 version of malwarebytes
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/support/releasehistory/

I have it installed and updated on 5 computers (4 running Win 7 and one running XP)
    My versions on all is 2.2.1.1043

Version 3 still has issues and is not being offered just yet to those running v 2. You can install v3 but it is a work in progress and since the database of v 2.2.1.1043 will be updated through June 2017, I've chosen to remain with that until I see fewer issues with v 3.

7. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Uninstall it cleanly using a decent uninstaller such as Revo, Ashampoo or IoBit - using their advanced/powerscan modes.
    Restart your system and install afresh from a new download. It's very simple that way and it's nothing to do with Windows 10.

8. casiasser

casiasser Private First Class

I run the latest(just updated today on eight forums)3.0.6 without any problems and together with Bitdefender Total Securityo_O
    Forgot to mention on Windows 8.1 home:)

9. Hacked

Hello Max. I used the clean uninstall tool from Malwarebytes but the results are the same. I just thought if if were a host file that needed some correction I might just type something to it and be done. It's no big worry I am using Eset Total Security and very happy. It doesn't weigh the machine down like others and from what little experience I have Malwarebytes was lite and easy to use.
    Thanks for your input.

10. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

If it is a old life sub it will Expire if it's used one to many times.I think the max use is 60 or so installs.

11. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Download the New Uninstall Tool which should do a better cleanup of any remaining bits from your previous version 3 install.
    Be sure to Restart Windows after uninstall, before the reinstall.
    https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

Then install version 2 as plodr suggested. It runs on my Windows 10 Home 64-bit and updates are OK.

12. plodr

Can you point me to where you saw this?
    I've never heard about a lifetime subscription to malwarebytes expiring.

13. Anon-469e6fb48c

It happened to me.

14. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

This suggests people who purchased a lifetime licence during earlier versions will KEEP it for new premium versions:

"I have a lifetime license, am I still covered?

If you previously purchased Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO, Malwarebytes will continue to honor your lifetime license for v2.x and beyond. Your update to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium is free. You will be able to transfer your lifetime license to a newer computer whenever you decide to upgrade or if you reformat your computer, but lifetime licenses are not transferable between users."
    https://support.malwarebytes.com/cu...s/1834849?b_id=6438#I-have-a-lifetime-license

15. plodr

I purchased my first of five licenses in Oct. 2008. According to my notes, I have transferred this license to several different computers since it was purchased and never had a problem. I made sure to remove it from the old computer before I installed it on a different computer because a license is good for one computer at a time.

wile e coyote something happened to you but how did you arrive at the assumption that 60 is a number that makes a lifetime subscription expire?
    Did you remove the license info from one computer before installing it on another? Did you contact MBAM when you had an issue?

I've contacted them several times and also posted in the MBAM forum when I have problems. I have always received good help.

16. Anon-469e6fb48c

It don't matter any more to me i just went and got another life sub.

But there is a limit to how much you can use a life sub.It can only be used so many times be for it is disabled.

17. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Read what MB say themselves and it's the opposite. They not only allow for lifetime support on one system, but allow transferred support if the licence is used on a new system. Read it AGAIN. The issue is the 'user' not the system.

18. plodr

Again, this is wrong.

MBAM no longer sells life time licenses but for the ones they did sell, there is no limit to how many times it can be removed from one computer and the license information entered into a different computer.

MaxTurner likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds