1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MalwareBytes vs Advanced System Care

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cody_M, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Cody_M

Cody_M Private E-2

I recently read an article about a claim by Malware Bytes that Advanced System Care stole part of the MB programming and used it in ASC.

Since Major Geeks recommends Advanced System Care (it is listed as a Major Geeks Editors Pick) I just wanted to know:

1) Is the claim true?
    2) Does this mean that we should not use or trust ASC (I0bit)

Any views would be appreciated.
  2. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

This occurred around 2 years ago and ioBit rectified the signature detection issues. I'm sure that if you Google it, you will find all the details.
    MajorGeeks would not recommend the software if it was not clean and above board.
    As far as trust goes, that's entirely up to you as to whether you condemn ioBit forever, or give them another chance.
  3. Nick T

Nick T Command Sergeant Major

Personally, I think what you do is to give IOBIT a shot and if it works for you ,then there's your answer. Go ahead and give it a try,,that's the only way to find out!!!! If Major Geeks says it's OK,,then it's OK !!!!