Managed MAPI Catastrophic Failure - Unknown Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by DamagedGoods, Oct 3, 2005.

1. DamagedGoods

DamagedGoods Private E-2

I have been setting up networking on my PC's and received this message. I do not know what caused it and I do not have a Norton firewall although I do have Norton Go Back. After booting this annoying message appears and I have to clear it twice before it disappears. I have seen some suggestions relating to a Symantec problem and others that say delete the Microsoft Buisness Contacts data file - wherever that is - and everything is smooth sailing. I have no entries in the MS Business Contacts file so I can try deleting it but I have no idea where the file is or what it is named. Any suggestions or similar experiences? :rolleyes:

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

The name of it is Microsoft Business Contact Manager look in the Control Panel under Add/Remove and uninstall it.

Note. It may not be listed with the Office products, might be listed separately.

Steve

3. DamagedGoods

DamagedGoods Private E-2

Thanks for the help. Just for everyone's information - although I was NOT going to delete the entire Microsoft Business Contact Manager I ended up doing so which solved the problem. You are given a choice to remove or repair but the repair was halted when it could not find a folder under c:\Dell. Hence, I was left no choice - and who the heck needs another lump of coal on an already top-heavy appplication anyway? If your running XP Pro and want smooth sailing I recommend it be deleted. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds