Manually install firefox extensions?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kodo, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

is it possible? how?

2. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

Hey Kodo, are you talking about installing from the "extensionsmirror" site?

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

yes and other sites too.

4. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

What I did with "extensionsmirror" was to download the extension to my "Downloads" folder in "My Documents". Then I opened the Firefox browser, clicked on "Tools", "Extensions" so the window came up, minimized the browser, went to my Downloads folder & dragged the download into the "Extensions" window with the right mouse button. All set! ;)

5. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

PS: damn edit button! You have to close out your browser and reopen it for the download to install. ;)

6. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

AFAIK all FF does is download .xpi files to tat directory and then the proggie will initialize and install anything there on next start.

Mainly useful for building a custom zipped version with all your fav extentions already built in.

7. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

Did it work?

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

haven't tried it yet.. will let you know.

9. XSwiftX

XSwiftX Private E-2

I think you can just drag and drop onto the browser as well to install. You have to close and restart Firefox to enable them after installing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds