Mark Partition As Active Greyed Out

Discussion in 'Software' started by Earthling, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I thought I'd find a use for a Sandisk 60GB stick by installing Windows 8 on it as I have a Win 8 DVD. Followed the process HERE and everything went OK until it got to marking the partition Active - that is greyed out. Disk Management shows just the one NTFS partition marked Healthy (Primary Partition) so there isn't another Active partition on the drive. Looks like I shall have to reformat the drive and try again unless anyone here has any suggestions. The USB stick was originally a backup disk with a Backup button on it and I suspect it has some hidden boot code preventing the Active flag from being set.

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Partition Wizard boot disk came to the rescue and the stick is now booting.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds