master volume control problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by darkhorizon, Oct 31, 2003.

1. darkhorizon

darkhorizon Private First Class

on my friends computer the master volume control appears to not work. he just bought a new keyboard that has volume controls on it, and it does change the master volume on the computer, but moving the master volume slider fails to change the volume ...

he's running windows xp pro (clean installed, did not come with computer... he has an emachine's)

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

try adjusting the wave volume slider.

3. darkhorizon

darkhorizon Private First Class

adjusting the wave slider does affect the overall volume .. why would the wave adjust and not the master volume? forget that ... how can i get his function keyboard to adjust the wave volume instead of the master volume? i dont think it's possible, i'm looking at it in control panel and it's a microsoft keyboard..

(i am remote desktoping)

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Both are good questions to which I unfortunately do not have an answer..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds