Maybe ACPI?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Austinenator, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Austinenator

Austinenator Private E-2

Ok, so I'm having some trouble with my sound drivers. A couple of days ago my sound drivers just quit being recognized by Windows, so I reinstalled them. The sound started working again, and everything as fine... Until I restarted my computer. This doesn't annoy me that much, but the thing is, my Multimedia Audio Controller keeps a little exclamation point by it, and when I try to reinstall it, it says it can't find the driver. I tried updating the sound card's driver, but that didn't help at all. I reinstalled Windows, and that didn't help at all, so I decided to come to you guys. I figured it might be a problem with the ACPI turning the sound card off, but I can't seem to find a way to disable it.

Here's my specs:
    Abit NV8(NF-CK804) Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    1 GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 6800 GS
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
    Windows XP Pro

Kthx plz help guys

2. Doomster

Doomster Private E-2

ACPI is a Power Management Utility and is not related to soundcard issues...try installing your GENERIC Creative Labs Audigy2 ZS soundcard Drivers and see if this helps...If you are using Windows XP, you have to BYPASS Microsoft's generic driver install process and install the Creative Labs Audigy2 ZS driver CD INSTALL program utility and this will overwrite any soundcard driver configurations...good luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds