mcafee security suite

Discussion in 'Software' started by silverbullet, Jan 16, 2008.

1. silverbullet

silverbullet Private First Class

There is a problem with Mcafee security suite on our family computer, i know nothing as i dont use it on my computer, but from what i do know is, there is an area on the program which has been cut off, there should be further options in a scroll box, but there is no scroll box and the options are cut off.

From what me mum has said, mcafee support have put it down to a problem on the computer, not with their software....anyone sugest any reason as to how i can help solve this problem, as im sick of been nagged lol thanks

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Some screen shots would be helpful or just some greater details - what options and what the scroll box? Describe more accurately what you are seeing......

3. DuskAngel

DuskAngel Private E-2

I had a problem with McAfee a while back. I have the Security Suite. It was all messed up and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what the problem was. Now, I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem or not, but I was back and forth with their tech support and they had no clue either. I finally just got lucky and figured it out. It turned out that I had changed the computer's 'time' accidentally (via clicking on the clock in the bottom right of screen). This caused the security suite no end of problems. It had all sorts of options off and wouldn't let me turn them back on, wouldn't ley me update, wouldn't let me do anything and did not give a clear indicator of why it wouldn't either. After correcting the time it ended up working right.

4. silverbullet

silverbullet Private First Class

well me mum updated her 2006 version, where the options that where cut off where the scan options, with the 2008 version, and the list of components installed are cut off on this installation, im sure its not as big a problem, i just wounderd if anyone knew why a scoll box could be missing off a programe :S

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds