mcafee total protection 2011-2012 versions

Discussion in 'Software' started by psychedelicmaniac, Dec 5, 2011.

1. psychedelicmaniac

psychedelicmaniac Private E-2

hi
    now i have been told so many bad things about mcafee.
    so now i will mention som advantages.
    mcafee total protection 2011-12 has the highest detections rates on the marked pure and simple,the technology detects 99.9% of all known adware and spyware,and can actually remove the most of them without further notice.
    for me personal total protection has eliminated at least 50 trojans the last 6 months,i browse some questionable sites now and then,most of the times simply to test the detection and removal rate and I have never seen anything like it.
    i am protected to 23-11-2013 by mcafee.
    thereafter i will consider my options,but mcafee handles trojans so efficient,and as everybody knows,that is the most common infection today,i have had pc for about 5 years now,and if you do not get infected with an real hardcore virus,witch is very unlikely,you can live a lifetime without actually get a real virus,and i mean black screen,and probably new drives as a result,i have realy been pressing my luck,and i have never been in contact with virus,so 23-11-13 i will renew my subscribtion with the very "bad boy" mcafee.and i could go on and on about features included.
    downsides:yes there are two that i can think off,price and cpu-load when mcafee scan your sytem,in the pc world everything gets better all the time,and remarkely mcafee too i will only mention one improvement(there are many):scanning time i cut in half from 2011-12 that is some achivement dont you think. and now with the 2012 version of total protection the cpu-load is only heavy the first minute or so during scanning.
    help 24-7 not just over the phone,but if you realy got issues online chat with an mcafee technician is estaplished within a time frame of 5 minutes tops.
    thi is a long tory and i competely understand if my fellow users dont have the patience or interest to go through this novel,but i have to get it off my chest because all i have heard about mcafee in over 5 different forums is bad bad bad.
    i purchased an new mcafee service a week ago it is called advanced trouble-shooting and is available for 130 us dollar,that sounds expencive,but it covers so many features,including pc optimization(tune up) and advice on future use off software and hardware,and here you can talk about getting the most out of the system,without touching microsoft servises,or shut any features down.my acer aspire 7736z did not function this good when i bourght it.a female mcafee technician worked on my sytem for 56 minutes to be exact and it was from spain.i could see the whole thing but if you ask me about 10% off what she was doing,i cant give you an answer,she was fast and multiple windows was showing at the same time,in the package is included virus removal,but i did not have any virus,so mcafee refunded the full amount,regardles pc tune up service and 56 min off consulting and correcting.that is what i call service.and believe me when i say no one can set up,tune up and optimize a windows 7 home premium 64b like mcafee.
    i have off couse tryed to tune up the system my self with countless tune up softwares,either it did not work or my OS was ruined,so i have maid up my mind:every year my christhmas present will abolutely be this particular service as long as i run mcafee anyway. the problem is that you can not explain this service,and what software to install,because various tools that techmaster ue for this solution is completely removed after the technician i done.

END OF STORY

Kind Regards Psychedelicmaniac:drool

2. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

Frankly, I wouldn't put anything McAfee on my computer even if someone was about to drop a stealth bomber on my head. And $ 130.00 for advanced trouble-shooting? Jeez, you get that here at MajorGeeks for free.

Also, I'll challenge your statement of McAfee having the highest detection rates. Every AV out there makes the same claim or no one would use them. They are middle-of-the-pack at best.

ESET, for example:
    http://www.eset.com/us/home/whyeset/compare/

Interesting post, though :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds