Mcafee Vulnerability Scanner Is Stuck In A Loop Since Upgrading To Win10. Please Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by RuthL, Feb 10, 2016.

1. RuthL

RuthL Private E-2

Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my PC, the McAfee Vulnerability Scanner has been stuck trying to install the 3rd of 3 updates. The screen shows: "Installing Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64 based system (KB3087040)". The screen also shows "Program Updates Installed 2, Windows Updates Installed 0, Completed 66%". It has been this way for a couple of weeks. The program will not allow me to cancel this or interact with it at all. The cancel button is there but clicking on it does nothing. Can I uninstall McAfee with this running anyway? What's the best uninstall program to do that?

The McAfee program I have is a freebie Anti-virus, Anti-spyware from my IP Windstream. I previously had the same McAfee program free from IP Time Warner Cable, and before that, a paid version of Norton's Security Suite, so I don't know if there are old drivers causing the problem or what. I hate Windows 10 and wish I'd never installed it. I can't find where anything is anymore. This is my first time posting but I've read a lot of this forum. I would appreciate your help. Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds