MD5 checksum

Discussion in 'Software' started by Norgates, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

I'm trying to create a boot disc with UBCD4WinV.360 and as part of the setup it asks you to verify the checksum of the original download. I can get the MD5 for the file I downloaded, but I don't know what the original MD5 was supposed to be.

When I go to the website with the instructions for creating the cd, they ask you to "Now use MD5 hash to verify the file" which didn't work for me. The installation then proceeded and installed the files and rand a file check which comes up correct, but the installation repeats its advice that you go to the website to verify that the original download is the correct MD5. I went to the website and couldn't find anything about checksums there. My download came originally from Majorgeeks.

I know how to get the MD5 of the download, but I don't know how to find what it was supposed to be originally, so I don't know how to compare the two.

I downloaded and ran a utility called WinMD5Free which gave me a long string of letters and numbers. How do I find out what the MD5 of that file was supposed to be in the first place?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Norgates

Check HERE at the top of the page lists the current MD5 checksums for the current download.

I have to say Download #10 is always up ;)

Hope this is what you need.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  3. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds