Media card reader PC & Mac compatible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gelinas23, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Gelinas23

Gelinas23 Private E-2

Hello, I'm not sure if this question belongs here or in the Mac section, but hopefully I can be steered in the right direction...

I just purchased a Kingston Media Reader (FCR-HS3) to transfer files from my camera to my PC. However, It did not occur to me before buying to check if the reader might also work with my wife's Macbook. The packaging only indicates Windows XP/Vista/7 , but I read a few product reviews suggesting that it does (they did not definitively say so).

Will it actually work with both PC and Mac?

I bought the Reader on-line, so to save the hassle of mailing it back, I thought I might be able to check here first, instead of opening it, testing it, and then having to send it back.

Thanks very much for your time!

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

3. Gelinas23

Gelinas23 Private E-2

UPDATE:

I received the following message from Kingston Tech Support:

"This does work with a Mac. We did not support it initially because there were no Macs with USB 3.0 ports. But we have tested it and it works on Macs that have USB 2.0 ports as well as 3.0 ports."

Thanks everyone for your help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds