Media keys on Keybord stopped working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by htown, Feb 4, 2009.

1. htown

htown Private E-2

I have had the Microsoft wireless comfort keyboard 4000 for quite some time and it worked just fine. I upgraded to Vista 64 and now the previous track, next track, pause/play and stop buttons do not work unless that particular program is active on the screen. When I had XP, I could use these button s to control iTunes and Rhapsody from any program. That is the whole point right, so you don't have to switch back to iTunes or Rhapsody every time you want to change the song.

Everything else works just fine. What it the problem here. It is driving me crazy to have to switch to the program every time I want to use one of these buttons.

Many thanks,
    Houston

2. steg

steg Private E-2

3. htown

htown Private E-2

Yes, I am sorry. I should have mentioned that I have already updated the driver for the keyboard using that exact download. Just in case, I tried it again and it even told me that this driver was already installed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds