Media Player cranky--won't speak English

Discussion in 'Software' started by zznerd, Mar 18, 2003.

1. zznerd

zznerd Private E-2

AMD XP1800+
    ASUS A7N266-VM
    Maxtor 40Gb S7200
    512 Mb PC2100
    ME
    Pacific Digital 52-24-52
    Optirite 48-16-48
    NVIDIA GeForce2
    NVIDIA nForce Audio
    ATX-MT- 300Watt
    Smart USB56 External Modem

Got that new CD RW installed, up and running, no grief or histrionics as with the skanky Sony. But with all the stuff going on last week (including a clean install of ME), I hadn't noticed something very wierd until today. After redoing the OS I didn't want the new version of Windows Media Player. So I used a prog called System Restore to switch it to Media Player 6.4.7--so far, so good. Today I went to play some .wav and MP 3 files testing out the new CD layout, and the damn Media Player 6.4.7 is in Swedish. Now, my Svensk isn't all that good, better than my Czech (none), but hey, it's easier for me in English. So how do I get another copy of Media Player 6.4.7, or get this one back from the U. N.?

2. Balbanebeoulve

Balbanebeoulve Bal. Balba. Babalabawhosemawhutsie

Well...you could try reinstalling?

3. zznerd

zznerd Private E-2

Aye, and I did that. Svensk it was, and Svensk it remains.

4. zznerd

zznerd Private E-2

Being that I am incurably retro, I can only echo System Restore's opinion: "the bloated memory hog that is Media Player 7/7.1".

I don't actually LISTEN to music on this thing. I use it for editing. So I like it lean and simple. The music comes from radio and CD's on a Sony boom box, or the ancient 1968 Marantz stereo reciever.

Oh yeah, and I can actually follow the Swedish well enough. If I can't get it into English (first choice), I will learn it in Svensk! My father was Danish. When I visited Copenhagen as a youth, I was speaking Danish in a month.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds