memory dump help please

Discussion in 'Software' started by deegazzo, Dec 1, 2009.

1. deegazzo

deegazzo Private First Class

ok i've went to this thread:
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246
    and have read, d/l and installed the windows debugging tool.
    on this part:
    "Now what you want to do is locate your memory dumps. They are usually located in %systemroot%/minidump (in my case C:/windows/minidump)."
    where/how exactly do i locate my memory dumps?
    ohh yea b4 i forget, i have win xp on a dell dimension 3000, pentium[r]4cpu 2.80ghz

Thanks,
    Dee

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Well, it tells you.

C drive.
    windows folder.
    minidump folder.

3. deegazzo

ohh stupid me ughhh ok, i have a few for ya'll in txt format
    Thanks,
    Dee

Attached Files:

4. deegazzo

a few more cuz it's really been happening alot

Attached Files:

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It will take me a bit to sort through these. In the meantime, Ive added another application to the readme. Might want to check it out while waiting.

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Okay...

All of these crashes are caused by two files.

bckd.sys--This one isn't as obivous as to what it is. It appears to be a legit file from the limited research I did. Looks like it might belong to K9 Web Filter? I'd remove the program, if so.

avgtdix.sys--This is AVG antivirus. Consider uninstalling and changing to another av app, or upgrading to the latest version. Or it could be a side effect of the first file crashing...

7. deegazzo

ok will def. go and uninstall k9 and as for the avg, i was using the avg free 8.5 and keep getting reminded to update it to the new 9 version, free one, i did that and this prob has been happening since then. i also went into my device manager and went through checking to see if anything needed updating, there were 3 drivers that i did update. will let ya know after removing the program and after whatever i do with avg lol.
    thank you so very much for your time and your help.
    Huggz,
    Dee

8. deegazzo

ok i am wondering, what ya'll's opinion of CA Internet Security Suite is, my isp is through timewarner, like is it 1-good and 2-heavy on resources i know, stupid silly little female rofl

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I like CA products myself, but haven't used past their antivirus so I couldn't tell you how the suite is.

10. deegazzo

ok that is cool, me personally i hate change lol so what i've done is uninstalled my k9 (ack teenagers) so will look around for another one that is good, i d/l avg9 free from here and then uninstalled and re-installed it. so far so good, my pc even seems to be not as slow now.
    ya'll are awesome here and i keep telling people about ya'll. since finding ya'll, i haven't had to take my pc into a shop at all.

Dee

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

You know...not being familiar with K9--you can download the Live Essentials from Microsoft and they have a family content filter thingy...also, many routers can do the same from within their settings, if you are using one.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds