Memory Dump Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Software' started by LUCKY48, Jan 5, 2005.

1. LUCKY48

LUCKY48 Private E-2

WE HAVE A GATEWAY COMPUTER WITH THE FOLLOWING SPECS:
    1.0 GHz Pentium
    256 MB RAM
    20 GB Hard Drive

THIS COMPUTER HAS NORTON ANTIVIRUS CORPORATE EDITION CLIENT V7.5 INSTALLED. HOWEVER, WHENEVER THE REALTIME SCAN IS ENABLED, IT CAUSES THE COMPUTER TO START A MEMORY DUMP. IS THERE ANY WAY TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF STACK PAGES IN W2K SO THAT THIS DOESN'T KEEP HAPPENING. I DON'T LIKE LEAVING THE REALTIME SCAN DISABLED BECAUSE THIS COMPUTER HAS GOTTEN VIRUSES BEFORE AND I DON'T WANT IT INFECTING THE NETWORK. HOW WOULD YOU GO ABOUT SOLVING THIS PROBLEM?

2. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

Any other error numbers or information when this happens? Perhaps its hardware.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

4. LUCKY48

LUCKY48 Private E-2

Adrynalyne: Thanks for the instructions on how to analyze a dump file. I found the problem was with SYMEVENT.SYS, a file that is associated with Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition. I updated the file to the most recent version so we'll see if the problem still occurs. I don't want to completely disable the realtime virus protection if I don't have to.

5. LUCKY48

LUCKY48 Private E-2

Okay...Here's another update. The computer keeps running a memory dump whenever someone is in word. The problem is still occuring with SYMEVENT. However, if I completely remove it, I don't think that I'll be able to keep realtime protection enabled.

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds