Memory Dumps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dang13, Sep 13, 2007.

1. dang13

dang13 Private E-2

Hi

I've been having memory dump problems for a while sometimes when im using programs sometimes when im just on the net. Once it has dumped and the PC restarts i normally get the same error when windows tries to load up again (normaly at the windows log-in screen) it has done this up to 10 times in a row before:cry . I've tried a few things that people have suggested to fix it like clean install of windows, changing the size of the paging file and swapping the rams cards into new slots i have also tried to debug the dump files but before today the files were not being made. I have now run them through using this post http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246 and this is what it came up with. I have had a look but can not make much out of it if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be very appriciated
    Cheers
    Dan

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2007
  2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

You can't panic at the wall of text. Note the readme, the analyze part may not be needed. Slowly examine all the info till something does make sense.

One of the beginning parts says this:

Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys

Then you plug it into Google.

It is part of Zone Alarm firewall.

I'd consider reinstalling, upgrading, or quite simply uninstalling and switching firewalls.

3. dang13

dang13 Private E-2

I did remove Zone alarm a while ago but i've looked for any bits left behind and have deleted them to. Hopefully this will sort thing out thanks for the help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds