Memory Reading Wrong

Discussion in 'Software' started by yBottle, Dec 13, 2003.

1. yBottle

yBottle Private E-2

I was starting to have problems with my windows XP so I formated and went back to Windows ME.

Everything is working fine except my memory is reading completly wrong, it says

Capacity 1.99GB
    Used 1.66GB
    Free 339MB

Now I have a 20 Gig hard drive and this is not right, it's stoping me from using certain programs such as STEAM, not allowing me to play Day of Defeat.

Is there any solutions that involve not formating again?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

did you fdisk?

3. yBottle

yBottle Private E-2

what?

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

before you installed WinME.. did you run the fdisk utility to remove non-dos partitions so the entire drive would be available to use. Also it looks like the drive is formatted in FAT16. That would be the 2g limit that you see.

what's your level of knowlege with computers so we can determine how indepth we need to go with an explanation of all this..?

5. yBottle

yBottle Private E-2

everything you said made sense, I was under fat16 but fdisk dind't help one bit.

I had to delete the other partitions before I was givin the option to format.

thanks.

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

when you fdisk, it asks if you want to enable large disk support.. always say yes ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds