Memory Stick Driver Is Missing From "My Computer" List

Discussion in 'Software' started by geek33, Apr 14, 2005.

1. geek33

geek33 Private E-2

Hi all,
    My memory stick driver has been missing from the list under "My Computer", neither can I find it anywhere else in the hard drive. If anybody knows how to fix this prob, please help me out. I know if there's somehow the "formula" to fix it from the "run" menu, just like how I've successfully fixed my CD ROM (CD-RW/DVD) drives that were missing too before. Any help would be really appreciated!
    Thanx before!

Jer-

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

Could you please explain what it is you want?

memory stick drivers don't actually exsist and I'm not sure what you mean. There are such things as chipset drivers which would include drivers for RAM, but niether of these are something you'd ever see under "my computer" at any time.

Do you mean you installed a hard drive that you can't see now?

3. geek33

geek33 Private E-2

Hi,
    No no, what I meant by that is the memory stick slot. My desktop does have a slot for a memory stick, located just belor the CD/RW Drive. But the problem is, I can't find the program to run this memory stick slot anywhere in my computer.

4. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

By default it should open when a memory stick is inserted into the slot then. If nothing happening then I'd suggest checking inside the case (or outside if its external) to make sure it's plugged in correctly. Usually those card readers install by default and use mass storage drivers. Which means when they don't show it's usually a HW error rather then a software error.

5. tentpeg

tentpeg Private E-2

Could also be the type of windows you're using. earlier versions aren't always able to detect newer memory sticks.

6. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

That shouldn't matter. You don't install memory sticks, you install the card reader, and once it's installed it can read all the same cards regardless of the OS in use.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds