Memory Stick won't work with camcorder

Discussion in 'Software' started by outatime, May 22, 2009.

1. outatime

outatime Private E-2

Hi everyone, first post.

I have a Samsung SCD103 camcorder. I just got an 8 gig memory stick pro duo. When I insert it into the camera using an adapter it gives me a "memory card error" message. I have read that anything over a gig might not work with a camcorder this old(2004). But that doesn't make sense to me. I have tried formatting the card with camera, MS Formatter 240 and 250. and through the windows formatter and also through dos. None of it works. Is there anything I can do to get it to work. Thanks in advance.

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

When I get to work tomorrow (where we do tech support on issues like yours) I'll research this and get back to you. I have a few ideas, I just want to verify them.

3. outatime

outatime Private E-2

Alright I appreciate it. But there has been an update. I returned that memory stick because I found out that my particular camera won't hold anymore than a 2gig stick. So I bought a 1 gig memory stick pro duo. But I'm still having the same problems. Thanks again.

4. Mimsy

Hm... odd. Do you know if the camcorder takes the Pro line of memory sticks? Some of the older ones only work on the Memory Stick Duo, and can't use the Pro Duo at all.

5. outatime

outatime Private E-2

I found the manual online and it did say that it does not take the pro line of sticks. I think I just need to get a new camera anyway. But I really appreciate your help.

6. Mimsy

Check out eBay... a lot of people sell their old gadgets there when they replace them with new ones. ;)

Glad I could help! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds