Memory testers machines Mobo testers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joestpaul, Jul 26, 2013.

1. joestpaul

joestpaul Private E-2

Does anyone know where I can find memory testing machines? and Mobo testers or other computer equipment testers and a good reasonable price.

I didn't know where else to post this question.

Thanks for your time

Joe

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Ebay, Government auctions from equipment being pulled of of old Navy ships, out of the ET & IC shops, sold off, Amazon.com has POST testers, etc. Here is one RAM tester http://www.memorytesters.com/ They have refurb equipment on their site.

Your best chance, is just do some searches, see what you come up with, and then contact the companies that are selling this stuff, for further info.

Personally unless you are doing this for a shop, and do not have a old machine to test bench the hardware, you are going to be spending more than you realize. But then on the other hand, it does give you one up on places like Geek Squad at Best Buy, due to you could consult out to local companies for hardware repair, by having the knowledge and equipment at hand, to help diagnose problems better, and bring in more contracts to pay the bills.

3. joestpaul

joestpaul Private E-2

I'll check around on google and see what I come up with.

Thanks for your help and time.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

I found some of the gear on amazon.com, but the one that is called the "PC Doctor" kit, is around $370. Nothing more than a plug-in daughter board, and some freeware/GNU tools you can get here, and a backpack, and some other minor stuff.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds