Memory Upgrade for my Laptop (Pavillion)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dravp, Apr 1, 2007.

1. dravp

dravp Private E-2

Hi, I am new to this thread..

I am trying to upgrade memory on my Laptop - HP Pavillion zt3010us. It has 512mb memory. On the back, there is only one slot for memory..

The other, I have read, might be below the keyboard... Now is it really necessary to change in pair..??

Thanks in advance.

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Welcome to Major Geeks.:major

<On the back, there is only one slot for memory>
    Does this mean that there is RAM in this slot, or is it empty?

Check out www.crucial.com for an on-line scan that will tell you details of RAM installed, how many slots, what is the maximum you can expand to, and it evens offers pricing details.

Come back if you need more assistance and let us know what Crucial recommended. Bazza

===

3. dravp

dravp Private E-2

Thank u, bigbazza.. I have tried Crucial and found the memory slots.
    But, it does not tell me where the 2nd slot is situated.
    Thanks again

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I am only guessing but from what you said originally, there may be one slot underneath the keyboard, and one slot, hopefully, underneath a panel on the underneath of your laptop.

Is there a small panel held in place by 2-4 small screws underneath.
    If so, make sure the laptop is off, and unscrew it.
    If you are really lucky there may be provision for 2 slots, but I am guessing there is one only.

Is there RAM in that slot, or is it empty? What info did Crucial provide? Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds