Memory Upgrade Problems PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wafflesrock, Jul 9, 2007.

1. wafflesrock

wafflesrock Private E-2

I have a gateway MX230 notebook with a intel 1.5 Ghz celeron proccesor, 256 mb ram and a Via/S3 video thing. I have bought memory many times and none of them seem to work. I called up gateway and asked for specific requirments on memory for my laptop. They where
    1.DDR 2
    2.PC 4200
    3. Pin count 200

I bought a 1 gig stick today a circuit city that met alll the requirments(it had Pc 25300) but the sales guy said it would not matter. I really need this upgrade or I will end up having to buy a new laptop wich is someting i do not want to do. Is there anything i need to download or install? Please HELP!!!!

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

3. askantik

askantik Sergeant

I did some Googling and couldn't find your model number. Are you sure you didn't mistype? Also, visit http://www.crucial.com. You can use the memory advisor tool to look up your model or if you are using the computer, the website will scan the computer and tell you what kind of memory you need. Hope this helps.

4. wafflesrock

wafflesrock Private E-2

yeh that was a typo, its a gateway MX3230

5. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds