Memtest86 Help Please.....

Discussion in 'Software' started by ANHEDONIC, Aug 4, 2003.

1. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

yeah i'm running this program to check which one of my 256MB RAM sticks is bad.... I clicked on the installer file, specified drive A, copied the program onto the floppy disk, and then you're supposed to reboot with the disk still in the drive....

i did all that and i don't know how to actually start the test... i don't know if it's supposed to automatically start or what... any help which be greatly appreciated.....

2. Robert

Robert Sergeant

Hi There
    I think the experts will want to know a little more about your setup and why you suspect your RAM chip(s) are crook. The last time my friend had a RAM prob he switched off pulled each ram chip in succesion and rebooted after each pull until the problem reoccurred thus isolating the crook chip. Dunno about this program you allude to though.
    Robert

3. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

thanks robo.... i did all the same things you did but the program never started when i rebooted... i'm not really sure what the problem is...

how do i make sure the bios is set to boot from drive a?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2003

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds