Message shows up briefly before windows 7 shuts down, to fast to read it.

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcduke, Aug 19, 2012.

1. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

Right before my computer shuts down a message pops up stating a program is still running, but before I can read it the message is gone and windows 7 shuts down. Is there away to pause the message before shut down??

2. Marine50

Marine50 Private E-2

That is a typical thing Win 7 does, it is nothing to worry about really, it is just telling you that a program is being stubborn about closing like the rest, I don't believe there is a way to stop or hesitate it before it goes down, but you can pull your task manager up and put the tab "processes" in front and watch, it may tell you what is not closing quick enough. There are programs out there that do work good with Windows 7 OS that you can set to auto terminate them on shutdown, that does away with the notification window. Good Luck

Marine50
    A+ Technician

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds