Messenger history problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcadam, Nov 26, 2005.

1. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

OK I had this problem before I reformatted earlier this afternoon and now that I've got my fresh install done and back to how I like it, my conversation history has still gone weird. If you look at the attached image, you can see it's no way supposed to be like that, if you look at your own for those of you that have it turned on and use msn.

Any ideas to resolving this?
    (I blurred out the names and what was written lol)

Attached Files:

• msn.JPG
      msn.JPG
      File size:
      84.3 KB
      Views:
  2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

What I am seeing is a XML style sheet. Try reading with a RSS reader such as Pluck, or even with Firefox.

3. funky munky

funky munky Staff Sergeant

There is an optin in msn that alows you o change the format your history is saved in as i don't have msn on this p.c (work) i cant remember where but it is in there.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

5. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I can read it fine from my documents folder if I choose to open it in firefox, although I can't if I right click the contact in the main messenger window then select view message history. Also, my msn version 7.5 has stopped working, like it did in my previous thread about msn. As I've reformatted today I'm really confused as to why this has happened again.

Any input would be great!

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

When you click the button in the main window it launches IE, right? That'll be because firefox supports XML stylesheets and IE doesn't. Weird since IE and MSN Messenger are developed in weak colaberation.

You tried looking for updates for IE? :)

7. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Got all latest updates on. I'm gonna try a restore...

8. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Restore will not fix the XML stylesheets. Is ASP.net showing installed on your system?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds