Metronet broadband (UK) ???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cassopia, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Cassopia

Cassopia Private E-2

Hi!!
    I've been looking around for the best broadband provider, but wanted to go fairly cheap - I only pay £9.99 / month for dial-up, and I don't use the internet ALL the time, but I would like the faster speeds when I do use it.
    So I've been considering the options and I found 'pay as you go broadband' by Metronet. It sounds fairly good in terms of cost but have never heard of it before & it's the only company I've found offering this arrangement. I don't want to pay loads to set it up if it's no good so can I ask for any opinions please! The link to the website is:

http://www.metronet.co.uk/adsl/paygo

ANY comments / suggestions etc are gratefully received!

Cassie (UK)

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

BT and ntl offer some good deals for broadband, not PAYG though.
    Would recommend Telewest and Blueyonder too.

3. ginge38

ginge38 Private E-2

Hi I have been using MetroNet since August 04, I have found it to be an excellent provider 512 for 10.95 + vat. I blitzed the downloading in the first few months lots of MB. The most I have paid to-date is 12.95.

Ginge38

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds