MG Download of Nero Burning ROM - Serial?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Grumbles, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Hi
    I have just downloaded and tried to install Nero 6.6.1.15a from MG site.
    All files extracted and went to installation. I was prompted for the Serial No. to continue.
    My system is Win XP Dell 3000 Dimension Desktop. Is there something I am missing/failing to see?
    Thanks

2. pasound

pasound Private E-2

Nero is always going to ask for a serial unless it's a pre-installed OEM version. If you try to upgrade an OEM, or do a clean install of the full version, you'll have to buy the upgrade - then you'll get the serial from Nero.

3. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

I was under the impression that this version was free to try? Why would it be on MG to download if there was no way to install it? I would gladly pay for Shareware, but could not locate any instruction on how to do this.

4. pasound

pasound Private E-2

That's a head scratcher for me - every time I've installed it, it goes into demo mode, simulates burning or makes a virtual image, until I click on the link in the program under Help - Ahead On The Web. Links to Ahead to purchase a serial, or a full download version are there.

5. chookers

chookers Staff Sergeant

Perhaps just making it available for people to access a version that when paid for works with any burner.

I'm pretty disgusted that I can't use OUR Nero software with any burner but the one in the machine that currently has a hard disk problem - wouldn't it be nice if I could just slave the hard disk on another computer and burn stuff without having to swap CD burners as well?? We didn't have a program to run the second machine's burner as a burner because I figured we only really needed one burner anyway...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds