MG'S Control Panel PM Options Settings

Discussion in 'Software' started by grc123, Dec 29, 2010.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Hi all,

I just went to send someone a private message from here, and I got (an "error"?) message that I have 'chosen to not receive PM'S except from My Contacts' here' (something to that effect).

I don't see anywhere to change that in the control panel (?), but I do see a "blank" selection that has been made (attached) in the "Private Messaging" sub-section.

Can anyone help me out here, please?

Thanks in advance,
    g...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  2. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

could you have hidden your contact info and MG doesn't let you PM someone who can't see your contact info?

Edit: I can't PM either and I could earlier.

3. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

ok, I can PM again. Maybe you should turn that box off. I did and when I try to send you a message I get "grc123 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Maybe that box is supposed to say to only allow PM's from people on my contact list?

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I got your PM but I can't PM you back either. I also get "grc123 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Try unchecking the mystery box.

5. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Will do - thanks!

6. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

That seems to have done the trick - I trust you'll let me know - thanks again!
    Glenn

7. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Yes ma'am - thank you - sounds like we're both Good now - and that all's well!

Thanks again!
    Glenn

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds