MGtools.exe downloading as attatchment.php

Discussion in 'Software' started by wildeyes, Nov 12, 2008.

1. wildeyes

wildeyes Private E-2

The title states it all. I've tried several times to download MGTools, but I keep getting "attachment.php" which shows up as something for the printshop 22.

I'm using Firefox 3, windows SP2 with all the security updates. I have clicked the "remember me" box, and I have also tried disabling my firewall (McCaffee).

It's a little frustrating.

When I look at the file properties it says

Type of File: Broderbund Quick Prints Type
    Opens With: The Print Shop

Obviously... amiss.

2. wildeyes

wildeyes Private E-2

I'm left clicking and I also set the firefox option to let me choose where I save the download, so that's all square. The only reason I didn't post in the malware guide forum is because I'm not doing it as a part of that guide. I just want to play around with it rather than taking up the time of an expert who could be helping someone who really needed it.

Like I mentioned in the thread where I ask for rootkit detection tools, I'm formatting and restoring my computer to factory settings at the end of the week. The next few days will just be for mucking around on my system and with different tools.

Thanks for the reply :)

3. wildeyes

wildeyes Private E-2

Ok, I figured it out after putting 2 and 2 together. Much Thanks.

The problem was my download manager. I normally use flashget and flashgot because I download a fair share of large files and the segmented downloads help a lot. Once I switched firefox back to the built in manager it worked just fine.

I guess the download manager trying to intercept the download is what threw it off. I read somewhere that firewalls can make the site think someone is trying to bypass security? Maybe that's what happened. It worked fine with the built-in download thing though.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds