mic not working in my hp pavillion dv2000

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JaiJay, Jun 13, 2012.

1. JaiJay

JaiJay Private E-2

Hi folks, for some reason my mic in my dv2000 is not working and any help in fixing this issue will be much appreciated, thanks .

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , is there any yellow mark in device manager ? You must navigate to Start - Run mmc devmgmt.msc - ok !! :wave

3. JaiJay

JaiJay Private E-2

no my friend there's no yellow mark in device manager.

4. techmaven2012

techmaven2012 Private E-2

We would need more info on your mic problem.

5. JaiJay

JaiJay Private E-2

its an internal mic in the pavilion dv2000 also please let me know the kind of info u need.

6. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Is the microphone set to default recording device? In Windows 7 right click the speaker icon in the system tray and select recording devices. You should have a green check next to your microphone.

7. JaiJay

JaiJay Private E-2

yes the mic is set to default with the green check next to it, my OS is Vista 32bit, thanks

8. tgell

Seems other people with the dv2000 are having the same problem. The default recording device was my only idea. I will have to do some more research and see if I can find anything.

Edit. One more thing I forgot. If you right click on the microphone and select properties, make sure the level is not low or muted.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  9. tgell

I would suggest you try a system restore to a date just previous to the microphone malfunction if possible. I would save any files on the desktop to MY Documents that were put there since the date of the system restore.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds