Micro sd help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sanitarium89, Apr 28, 2009.

1. sanitarium89

sanitarium89 Private E-2

I am having problems with my new micro sd card. I put it in my card reader and my computer doesn't find it. There is no way for me to format it. My phone doesn't even find it. This is my 2nd one with this happening so I doubt that its the card.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Can your computer read ANY card inserted? If not, check for a driver update from the computer manufacturer.

3. sanitarium89

sanitarium89 Private E-2

Yeah it can. I put my other one in and it worked just fine.

4. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

is there an option in your phone to format it? I had to do that when i first inserted it. you might have to do that with your computer first too.

5. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi Sani,

Is the SD that wont work larger than the one that will work? Older readers only read up to 2 gigs. They do not have enough address lines to address 4 gigs. Maybe?

Good Luck, Jim

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds