Microphone plays back only static

Discussion in 'Software' started by SandraS, Jun 30, 2009.

1. SandraS

SandraS Private E-2

My daughter's laptop HP Pavilion is having a microphone issue. She told me that when she skypes the person on the other end only hears loud static noise. I tried recording something on her laptop and sure enough it played back in loud screachy static. I called the tech support line and they had me uninstall the driver and then it reinstalled. they also had me reduce the start-ups on her computer so now the processes are 57. still same problem. We plugged in a external speaker.... same thing. He told me that we will have to wipe out everything out and do a total restore. Does this sound right? is there any other options or suggestions? As everyone knows, doing a total restore is a major pain. Backing everything up and reloading all your programs... Does anyone have any other thoughts before we have to try this? and I say "try" as they don't know if that will resolve the problem or not. Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds