Microsoft ActiveSync

Discussion in 'Software' started by deliahoobervitz, Apr 12, 2006.

1. deliahoobervitz

deliahoobervitz Private E-2

I'm trying to sync my Cingular 8125 w/ Windows Mobile 5 to my laptop using microsoft activesync, but when it connects it just continues to say retrieving settings. any help? or suggestions on where to go?

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Connect via what method? What OS is your laptop? I probably do not have your answer, but, the questions I ask, will help others.....

3. deliahoobervitz

I am using Windows XP and was trying to connect via my usb cable. I still have not connect that way, but I am able to connect via infrared so I guess all is well. Thank you.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

Still odd, that you can't install via USB, do you have drivers to install that came with your phone or USB connector?

An excellent cellphone resource is: howardforums.com.

5. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

If connecting via IRDA, the Partnership could be corrupted, so not allowing it to sync via USB. Which version of ActiveSync are you using? Should be 4.x, may want to try 3.8.

6. deliahoobervitz

Thank you all for your reply. I have finally gotten everything with this phone working except for the usb connect. I will try to install version 3.8 and follow up. Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds