Microsoft Excel 2007 Formula question

Discussion in 'Software' started by souredspirit, Sep 30, 2009.

1. souredspirit

souredspirit Private First Class

I need to make a fill in the blank formula. the problem is that the text i need surrounding it is used by excel for functions. it is going to be used for html.

this is what it should look like look like: this is ofcoarse referncing to an adjacent cell. But i need ALL of the text to show, including the punctuation marks.
    <option value="A1">A1

so in short if A1 has text that says "abc" in it, then i need it to look like
    <option value="abc">abc

can someone pls send me a formula that will do that.

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

So, this is really for a web page, not an actual Excel application? Are you trying to create a form for a web page where the visitor chooses from given answers to certain questions? If so, have you tried just creating a form in HTML?

This discussion might be helpful: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=199681

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  3. souredspirit

souredspirit Private First Class

no, im trying to create a table for my gf's website so that all she has to do is type in the name of her product in the cell, and in the cell next to it it will automatically add it to her code so that it looks exactly like the code in my original post

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds