microsoft exployer not loading,,maybe???

Discussion in 'Software' started by 1bert1, Nov 17, 2004.

1. 1bert1

1bert1 Private E-2

Hey Geeks,
    My friends computer is messing up. p4 2.0 ghz, 256pc2700, dell. When computer boots up she gets xp sp1 load screen, she is administer, after boot she has wallpaper but nothing else. No tool bar, no start menu, no program icons.
    Thanks,
    Bert

2. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Does it work in safe mode? Or other accounts?

If you boot up and hit something like the windows key, does the start menu show?

3. 1bert1

1bert1 Private E-2

Well,
    At this point all I can do is go by what she says. If it cant be fixed through LIMITED info I am going to get her hard drive tommorow and check it as master on my computer.She says she gets nothing but her wallpaper. My computer has done that when it didnt load windows properly but after restart mine was fine. Her computer is same after restart.

4. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Yeah -- the first thing I would suspect (besides something viral) is something funky in the start up, but without some back and forth info it will be tough.

I have seen user accounts get rather hosed, which is why I asked the earlier question -- if you can boot to safe mode and log in as administrator --- and that works fine -- then a bad user account is probably the case.

Easiest thing to do is just make a new one.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds