Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer Problems Within Games.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by domje, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domje

domje Private E-2

Hi, i play an online game called counter-strike semi-professionally and i have been experiencing problems with a new piece of hardware. I was wondering if any of you could help me out, before you say this should be in the software section, its a hardware problem, and i will be posting it into both :).

Ok, I used been using a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical (5button) for the past 2 years or so and it was fine, but i have recently upgraded to the new Intellimouse Explorer 4 (cabled version) and i am having problems in windows where my mouse buttons won't click, when i click them on the mouse, i.e Nothing happens on screen etc, I have also been experiencing problems with the scroller, within the games the scroller doesnt seem to work properly, it i scroll but the action doesnt happen on screen. i have turned off horizontal scrolling and scroll acceleration, which has kind of resolved this problem but not fully.
    Does anyone know why this won't work very well, and any ways to fix it? I have installed the intellimouse drivers from the CD that i got with the mouse and as i said above, it seemed to Kind of fix the scroller problem, but i found yet another bug/problem with the mouse, which i thought the drivers would resolve. My 'Mouse3' Button (scroller button) doesnt work very well in game, it tends to LAG(delay), meaning i press the button, then exactly a second later the action happens on screen, which isnt much good as i needed a second or so ago.:(
    So i was just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this problem, or any other ones with it, during game play. I would also like to know if there is any upgrades out for the drivers for it and if any of them will fix this problem. I have asked the views of other users of the mouse and most of them have said its fine, some although are having exactly the same problems as me.

Please Help as im desperate :( :mad: .....

Regards.

Dom

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Left your thread in games, posting repeatedly solves nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds