Microsoft Is Kissing Internet Explorer Goodbye

Discussion in 'Software' started by Data Banks, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Data Banks

Data Banks Corporal

It's about time isn't it? I can't remember any notable changes that Microsoft has made to Internet Explorer that I can see since I first used it way back in the 90's. It was a fun toy back then since it was the first browser I can remember using. Microsoft just let it turn into the equivalent of Wrigley Field though which finally received some updates after all these years http://abc7chicago.com/technology/microsoft-retires-internet-explorer/1156633/

alterintel likes this.
  2. Gensuknives

Gensuknives Grand pooty-meister

Really won't impact me much. Have never used it, since being advised that Firefox was more liked by users many years ago for many reasons. I have Edge with Windows 10 but haven't tried it at all.

3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

It's IE versions 8,9 and 10 that will no longer be supported (along with Windows 8), and MS are still supporting IE11 and Windows 8.1 for quite a few years to come.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

5. Data Banks

Data Banks Corporal

6. alterintel

alterintel Corporal

Haven't used it in many years. Was always getting redirected, other problems; made it useless. Wanted to delete it but was told not to by experts [mg].

7. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

Big red xs in Private Firewall explain my attachment to Internet Explorer.

This feels like someone stealing the 73 Ford Granada from its perch on cindcer blocks in the front yard. Now MS if you could politely tell me how to dissect it from Windows, I would be happy to state for the record that you shouldn't have even tried to create an internet browser...

o_O

alterintel likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds