Microsoft Life Cam VX-6000

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Scaffking1, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Scaffking1

Scaffking1 Private E-2

I've been working on this problem now for a couple of days and getting tired of this topic. I have had this camera working before now not . It works in my scanners and camera it works in Windows Live. But I just get a black screen when I try and use it. Or Coloured lines in it.
    I have all the up to date drivers, bios ,anti-virus free ,machine runs well.
    I have been to many forums to do research and have tried some of them but still no effect.
    I did find one website forum that explains my problem pretty close except for my computer doesn't say it can't detect camera.
    This is a big problem and I'm not the only one.
    I was hoping to find a registry fix but it does not apply to this problem.
    Is there anyone out there knowledgable about this fix....
    I think the problem has something to do with the usb supports and the lifecam software is getting duplicated or something a
    I know nothing about usb support driver ect. ect.

2. Scaffking1

Scaffking1 Private E-2

Also there are no problems in device manager but there is a suspicious items in there
    eg.Microsoft Lifecam#2 ???
    There is also duplicates ofsis 7001 pci to usb and one ....., One Unknown device under systems

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Just to get some background info what Windows version and if applicable what Service Pack you running?

4. Scaffking1

Scaffking1 Private E-2

XP Home SP3

5. Scaffking1

Scaffking1 Private E-2

Also found a forum that people said there was a conflict with tuners but I'm pretty sure I don't have any tuners. It could be some driver or conflicting with it but I shut everything down and tried it and still no.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Conflict with Tuners, please describe more on this, these tuners are they TV Video card type tuners? if so do you have a TV card in your PC?

Try this though to see if the advice helps as its applicable to the VX6000 HERE

7. Scaffking1

Scaffking1 Private E-2

No. I'm sorry I misinformed you I have XP PRO. No I do not have any tuners I do have an application called free tv. But it is not running. I have been doing some mor research on this topic and i believe it might have something to do with lifecam.exe.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds