Microsoft lifechat lx3000 headset doesnt work?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lewis_89, Sep 9, 2010.

1. lewis_89

lewis_89 Private E-2

Hi all wondering if anyone can help. I bought this usb headset today but after installing the driver/software via the cd that came with, the headset doesnt work. There is no sound in the earphones, and brining up windows recorder, it says there is no recording device.

Im using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, I have realtec audio manager on my pc,i think from my motherboard (giagebyte ep43t usb3). Ive tried alot of things already. Ive tried disabling the realtec audio in device manager,sound but that doesnt work. If i right click the speaker in the bottom right of the screen and go to playback devices. I can never set the headset as the default. The realtec options will always override them, if i try an change the realtec options,or disable the speakers here it just goes back to the orginal settings. In tthe recording devices tab. if i have my headset actuallyplugged in, then this tab for some reason freezes.

I really have no idea what to do,im not a pro with computers, but im not a total newbie either.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Is this a new homebuild PC?

In Device Manager do you have any yellow ! marks by any device/s, if so what?

Uninstall the driver that you have installed, then make sure Windows is upto date with Windows Update, then download and install the updated driver from HERE for that model headset, but only install if they are no yellow ! marks in Device Manager.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds