microsoft .net 'an unhandled exception has occured'

Discussion in 'Software' started by gabby3457, Aug 25, 2006.

1. gabby3457

gabby3457 Private E-2

microsoft .net 'an unhandled exception has occured'

Running Win XP Pro on Dell Dimension 3000

Just turned my computer on this evening after using it earlier today and got this error in a dialog box. Error pointed to an hp file, so I figured it had something to do with the HP 8200 software that is installed on this computer. So, uninstalled HP software, restarted computer ... reinstalled HP software ... restarted the computer ...

Same #$%%^$#%$@@% error!!!:mad:

Looked up info on microsofts site ... pointed to a possible fix with .net service pack ... downloaded and installed the service pack ... restarted the computer ....

SAME @#%$#@$@$%# error!!! :mad: :mad: :eek:

Any insight into this annoying issue would be of great help!

as an aside, I run AntiVir -- SpyCatcher, spybot, and adaware to keep things out of my computer!

Thanks for any help!

Gab

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Could you post the event error code?

3. gabby3457

gabby3457 Private E-2

Sure, captured the error details -

File attached

will check in later today -- have to head out to take care of elderly dad for the day!

Oh, and uninstalled and tried to reinstall HP software for the printer ... it will NOW *not* even see the printer attached via usb cable!

@#%$#%@%# computers! :mad: :rolleyes:

Don't have *time* for this crap ...

Attached Files:

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Do you have sp2 installed?
    I seem to recall there was a MS$ update a while back that screwed hp hardware...will have to look for it ..

5. gabby3457

gabby3457 Private E-2

Yes, sorry for delay -- too much other things going on in my head right now.

Including ... preparing for a hurricane!:(

Anyway, back to computers for now...

computer is about 1 1/2 years old, came with sp2 installed ... but, I have had some issues and had to wipe the drive and reinstall about 3-4 months ago!

please don't tell me I have to do that again!!! :eek:

Thanks for any insight,

Deb

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds