Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable

Discussion in 'Software' started by NICK ADSL UK, Oct 27, 2005.

1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable

SDKs, Redistributable & Service Packs are now available on this link. Please make sure you choose the correct one for your operating system

http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/default.aspx

.NET Framework 2.0 SDK x86
    The Microsoft® .NET Framework Software Development Kit (SDK) version 2.0 includes everything developers need to write, build, test, and deploy .NET Framework applications—documentation, samples, and command-line tools and compilers. You must install the .NET Framework Redistributable Package version 2.0 prior to installing the .NET Framework 2.0 SDK.

.NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
    The Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 redistributable package is the most recent update to the Microsoft .NET Framework and includes everything you need to run applications developed using the .NET Framework.

.NET Framework 2.0 SDK x64
    The Microsoft® .NET Framework Software Development Kit (SDK) version 2.0 includes everything developers need to write, build, test, and deploy .NET Framework applications—documentation, samples, and command-line tools and compilers. You must install the .NET Framework Redistributable Package version 2.0 prior to installing the .NET Framework 2.0 SDK.

.NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package x64 (64 Bit)
    The Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 redistributable package is the most recent update to the Microsoft .NET Framework and includes everything you need to run applications developed using the .NET Framework 2.0.

.NET Framework 2.0 SDK IA64

.NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package IA64 (64 Bit)
    The Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 redistributable package is the most recent update to the Microsoft .NET Framework and includes everything you need to run applications developed using the .NET Framework 2.0.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Microsoft Office System (VSTO 2005) Redistributable Package (x86)
    Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System is the technology that brings the power and productivity of Visual Studio .NET and the .NET Framework to business solutions built on Microsoft Word 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2003, Microsoft Excel 2003 or Microsoft InfoPath 2003.

Microsoft Visual J# Version 2.0 Redistributable Package
    The Visual J# Redistributable Package is not intended to run applications written with other Java-language development tools.

Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005
    Microsoft Report Viewer control enables applications that run on the .NET Framework to display reports designed using Microsoft reporting technology.

2. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

Running XPHome SP2 with .NET Framework 1.1 and 1.1 hotfix. The Framework 1.1 came factory installed on my Dell I think. I later added the hotfix from Windows Update. I just use .net passports for hotmail and Windows and MSN Messenger. Mostly I web surf and do pics and music on my pc. Is this 2.0 the replacement for 1.1? If I install the version offered on the MG homepage , does it install over my current version like most applications do? And is the one offered on MG already preselected for the casual user? Thanks.

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

I saw the official release earlier, though, I wonder when Microsoft Command Shell will be official released.... AWESOME tool!

I guess I should say, I've been beta testing this for awhile. ;)

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

logically speaking, yes, .net 2.0 is the next version of .net and should be considered a replacement, HOWEVER, you can have, .net 1.0/1.1/2.0 installed together i.e. all three versions can co-exist without issues. Infact, if you have any app's that spefiically require a version of the framework, you'll have to have that version installed in order to run it.

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Thankyou, I didn't know that. I considered that this was backward compliant. But, I guess I should have known better. :)

Side note: Has this been tested, that .netframwork 2.0 works with .netframwork 1(.1) apps? Without having either framework being installed?

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

it's how MS planned it to work.

7. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

My lingering question though is if I install this 2.0, does it replace my current 1.1 or will I end up with both? I prefer to avoid having both versions. And thanks again for your responses. :)

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

it will install side-by-side..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds